Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Start at the very beginning...

...a very good place to start.  Before I left for school I told a few people that I'd update them on how things were going- what God was teaching me, how I was being challenged, what fun I was having, etc.  I decided to take the easy way out and just create a blog, so that I won't clutter your inbox with an e-mail unless you absolutely CHOOSE for me too, and to avoid leaving out one or two important people from my e-mail list.  So, here goes! I'll start with a very brief overview of the week, and then try and stay up to date with weekly posts after that.

I arrived in Louisville, Kentucky on the 21st of January, in my little Hyundai Accent, loaded full of all my important belongings, me and my sweet mom (with Dad trailing in the truck).  We got things unloaded/somewhat unpacked, and then headed into a weekend of Boyce College orientation.  Fast forwarding until Saturday morning, when my parents left, then to Saturday afternoon, where there was end of orientation, and then finally to Sunday morning, when I was able to visit a church. 

I choose to visit a newer church called Crossing, which is part of the Acts 29 network of churches (headed by Mark Driscoll).  It was practically much different from Grace Heritage, but foundationally and theologically very much the same.  I might visit one or two more churches, but honestly, I am very interested in seeing the way that Crossing operates as a body of Christ.  I am praying for good opportunities to serve, and good fellowship as well.  We will see where the Lord directs me!

My first week of classes went very well, although there was a slight diversion created with a mixup of class schedules and types.  So actually, classes only went well after I got my schedule sorted out.  I think it is going to be a good semester.  I am taking 15 hours, which includes: Advanced Public Speaking, Great Books Seminar I, Introduction to Psychology, Spiritual Life Dynamics, and Baptist History.  They are all interesting subjects, and I am excited to learn more about each.

My second week of classes has been tainted by some sickness that I came down with on Friday (28th) night.  I was in bed almost all day Saturday and Sunday, and part of Monday.  I've had flu-like symptoms, but never run a temperature.  Now I just have a bad cold, and am a little dizzy and my vision is a little disoriented.  The intensity of the sickness really varies, but it hasn't gone away completely yet.  I'm hoping to be well by tomorrow morning... but is that wishful thinking?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I think I am the first to comment on your completely adorable looking blog. Your room looks so nice and cozy... and organized. :)
    I love you and am glad you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Emily and thanks for including me on your list of those to update.
    Do you love having a car? I will take that as a yes.

    Hope you find a church home soon and your room looks great. Get well soon. Look forward to more post.

    Miss you,
    Auntie Kathee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! Nanny tried to post a comment but her Google account is too old (Ha! Ha!) She is sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon. She also loves your room, is glad you have found a Church you like and misses you. I LOVE your room (wish it was mine!) and the reading nook.

    Nanny: G-Dad and I miss you much.
    Me: Love you and miss you!

    Your cousin,

    C-Sunshine

    ReplyDelete