The worship service was also incredibly encouraging. All the music was similar to Grace Heritage, so it was nice to worship with songs I was already familiar with. The pastor preached on 1 Corinthians 1:10-17, about the importance of the unity of those within the church. It was ironic, because that is so much what I've been needing. Even though I didn't know anyone during the service, it was so encouraging to feel unified with them, just knowing we all partook in the blood of Christ, that we all were clothed in the righteousness of Christ, that we all were seeking to live lives for the glory of God. The sermon was actually more focused on telling the members to be of the same mind with others-- a very good and needed point indeed.
One of the biggest prayer concerns for me right now is that I'll be able to get connected with other believers. I would be very thankful if you would lift this up before the Lord for me. I am going to try and go to a Care Group from this church this week, and possibly attend the ladies Bible study on Wednesday. I am also finding that it is harder to have deep relationships with people at school than I thought-- perhaps this is because of my lack of effort, though.
I pray that everyone is having a good day of worship.... "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9
Even though I am reading this late (Feb. 16th), I will be praying dear Emily for some God chosen friends to cross your path this week. I also pray for encouragement as you find your way on this leg of the journey.
ReplyDeletePS - Send me some snow, I miss it! Love, Auntie K